CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's 1:30 in the morning....again, and no sign of sleep in the near future.

Insomnia is a symptom of a sleeping disorder characterized by persistent difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep despite the opportunity. It is typically followed by functional impairment while awake. Insomniacs have been known to complain about being unable to close their eyes or "rest their mind" for more than a few minutes at a time. Both organic and non-organic insomnia constitute a sleep disorder.
Onset insomnia - difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night, often associated with anxiety disorders.
In many cases, insomnia is caused by another disease or psychological problem. In this case, medical or psychological help may be useful.

Does anyone know a good psychologist? Why is it, I am blessed with wonderful kids who go to bed early and sleep all night? I feel so bad for the parents who want to be sleeping, but are instead, tired and struggling to deal with their children who don't sleep all night while I am wide awake bored and researching why I am wide awake.

3 comments:

MisterE said...

Two words: Diet Coke.

Nonda's Wife said...

That's a great idea. I will have a diet coke at when I get into bed. Thanks Eric!

Carrie said...

you have the best props (pics) to go with your posts. you inspired me with the starbucks one, i have had dr. pepper running through my veins so i know the feeling!