CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blogs

Okay the day has finally arrived, I started a blog page. Or what I like to refer to as - My Space for grown-ups. One day my friend (name withheld to protect the innocent) said, "When are you going to make a blog page so I can stalk you?" I replied, "Can't you just come over to my house?"

While this blogging thing is a bit exciting, I would still rather read other people's blogs and learn about other people's lives, then share boring bits of my own. I am fascinated with other people's lives, people I don't know. So I guess that would make me a 'blog stalker' too.

As some of you are aware, I am a big believer in the dictionary. If a word is not in the dictionary, then it is not a "real word". It has no context and cannot be taken seriously. I decided to look up the word blog. Sure enough here it is:

Main Entry:
blog
Pronunciation:
blȯg, ˈbläg\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
short for Weblog
Date:
1999
: a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site
— blog·ger noun
— blog·ging noun

Typically I like to go off of what is published in the most recent paper copy of the dictionary and not what is online. But, I think for this situation and in honor of trying to be 'paperless', I will accept the online definition. Blog has been a "real word" since 1999, where have I been? I could have been officially blogging the past 9 years of my life.

5 comments:

The Stromberg Epic said...

Michelle, it's good to see you have entered the blogging world, so we can now stalk you. J/K actually I was excited to see you have a blog, because to me what a blog means is it is a way to stay connected to those that don't live down the road. Now as cousins far apart, we can see our children grow up and share in our crazy motherhood lifestyles. Welcome to the blogging world. ps. you'll notice on my blog, that all my siblings have blogs, so now you can stalk them too! -Laura-

Nikki said...

Oh I can't wait to stalk you!!! ps.....thanks for withholding names :)

Seattle Nichole said...

YEAH!!! you have a blogspot now!!! See ya tomorrow!!!

MisterE said...

Hey Sis,
Where is the mention of my blog as the real reason you started this?
I have added your blog to my Bloggerheads list, so all the five people I know can now look at your blog.

Jen said...

So cute! I am so excited to watch ya'll grow up through your blog it is so fun! Thanks for your help in getting mine so it didn't look like Brittnee was at the captains wheel!! You have such a cute fam, and you are such a great mom! How lucky those kids are to have ya, and thanks for sharing them!

Love ya, Tuka