CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's a wonder Nikki agrees to be my friend...



I don't' remember the exact date, but a few years ago we were meeting friends to celebrate some birthdays at Benihana. How was I to know that I would be dining with who used to be the future Mrs. James Nonda Diamant? Nikki should hate me for stealing her future husband or at least have tried to stab me in the heart with her chopsticks. But nothing was said, not for months, until one night during the holiday season and we were all together again exchanging very expensive and desirable Christmas gifts. That's when it happened, sitting on the couch at Mary and Alan's house, Nikki told me what a horrible thing I had done and asked me how could I ever live with myself for doing such an awful thing, stealing her man. Okay so it didn't go down exactly like that, well the gifts and the couch are accurate but I don't think those were the exact words that came out of her mouth. I don't remember the exact words she used. But I bet she regrets telling me because I won't let her live it down. And though they weren't exactly getting ready to walk down the isle, when you're in Jr. High is sure feels that way. And I bet she spent more time signing her name as Mrs. Nichole Diamant than I have signing my own married name, okay again not accurate seeing how many checks and credit card slips I sign, but still so fun to tease her about. She is married to her real love and is over her Jr. High crush. I am so happy that I have Nikki in my life and I am so grateful that she lets me tease her about this. Ironically, my 'was going to be my future husband' (Jr. High crush) is friends with my husband. Nikki and Jeff are both such great friends to us and will always be a part of our family, even if it's not through marriage. Now we just need to find a future Mrs. Jeff Worthington to add to strange Jr. High triangle of crushes.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You are so cute!! I am so happy that things turn out the way they do! Even though I will never get over the fact that I lost my darling Nonda to you. You are such a wonderful friend and I am so thrilled to have your family in my families life. I love your little kiddos to pieces and my girls are lucky to have them as friends. Love ya Michelle ( now I am going to wipe away my tears.......Why Noda WHY!?!?!? It should have been me!!)

Jenn said...

What would we do without Nikki!?!?

Seattle Nichole said...

You need to put the pics of Kala and D on the High Dive!