CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Highlights of what we consider a boring weekend...

Sadly enough, this was one of the least hectic weekends we've had in a while but it was still a rockin good time. Here are a few things we did - Friday night, went to the Bees game. This was the first game we have been to without my family, while taking all three kids...too much work. Naia didn't want to sit still, the kids were loaded on sugar, some crazy old guy without teeth (who by the way made Naia cry and D kept trying to punch and collects those ice cream bowl hats, yep that's correct he told me he's got 4 of them!) sat in front of us for the fireworks. Kayla hid under a blanket during fireworks because we always end up with small bits of fire raining down on us. On the bright side, we were with some really great friends from work including Jen, Jeff's sister, who I didn't realize worked with me. Saturday morning we got up bright and early to finish off the crazy idea of having not only one, but two yardsales in one month. Misty, Lisa, Nikki and myself enjoyed watching people buy our 'junk'. Not sure why that is so satisfying. After wrapping up a long hot morning of junk-sale-ing, and while Nonda was laying sod for his brother, I thought I would quickly clean out the garage. It wasn't such a quick chore. I managed to find that we had all this storage space hiding under the huge shelves that were once filled with junk. I also found an entire box of un-opened landscaping lights (which I had gone to purchase numerous times and then decided I didn't want to waste the money), lots of tools, and lots of firewood. By evening I was beat, as was Nonda when he got home, so we watched National Treasure II. This morning Nonda had some work to do so we passed up our normal Sunday at the pool and I did laundry and helped the kids clean their rooms to earn some money (we are trying to teach them the value of work, and managing money thanks to Dave Ramsey) I then took the kids to this new store we just discovered, Wal Mart. What a nightmare. I told both kids they had to pay for their own things by themselves, which meant they couldn't just give me their money and I pay like we've done in the past. Because that meant they just ended up getting whatever and spending whatever they want. I wasn't too worried about D, he is very predictable. He wanted a car. He had $2.00, which would easily cover the cost of his hot wheels, I just had to point out that he couldn't have 10 hotwheels like he is used to. Kayla wasn't so simple, we went up and down every isle in that enormous building and she could not find anything that was cheaper then $15.00 (she only had $3.00). In the past I would just say fine and she would throw it in the cart. I was standing my ground I just kept telling her that she only had $3.00. Poor kid, she didn't understand. She kept saying, "You're so mean" "You won't let me get anything I want" "It's not fair". It took everything I had to not say, "Fine, lets just go". I kept trying to explain that she didn't have to buy anything today, we just started the commission earnings that day and she would have enough money by next weekend to come get something she really wanted. That wasn't working. I finally told her she could pick what ever it was she wanted but she had to go to the checkout by herself and pay with the money she had. All of the sudden she remember her math and found something within her spendable amount. Then pouted the entire way home. A little bit later we went to a cousin's birthday party at the park. Despite the fierce winds and off and on rain, the kids had a lot of fun. Naia refused to get out of the swing, even though she was getting a good soaking. D got to wrestle with older boys and Kayla was able to play with a good friend. On the way home we stopped at our favorite hot spot, Redbox, and picked up Drillbit Taylor. HILARIOUS!! Kudos to Nonda for a good movie pick. And a special thanks to my family for making my un-eventful weekend, enjoyable!



It's hard for a boy to be patient for an hour before the game.


It's even harder for a one year old.


This is how happy the swing made Naia.


Not sure what his problem was.

The wind was blowing very hard at the park on Sunday, everything on the tables including the food kept blowing away. Naia loved the wind blowing that hard on her face. She kept making this silly faces.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I am exhausted just reading this! Saturday was fun!! Garage-saling is the best way to spend a Saturday morning. What else would you have been doing at 6:30 am??

Nikki said...

Oh I love you and your sweet kids.... they are so CUTE I want to EAT them up!!!!

Family said...

Hey now - are you saying spending time with my sparkling personality at 630am is boring?!?!?!

Cute pics of the kids - they're so adorable!